Pay off your tab,
Financial Services Trainee Contract.
Pay off your tab
If you have not yet paid off your tab, please do so. We will direct debit anyone who has not done so during the Easter break.
Boat Party at the Boat race
Tickets are very almost sold out, closing date to buy is tomorrow.
Buy tickets here: https://fixr-app.com/event/12926
Invite people at https://www.facebook.com/events/1843166349302241/
After party is at Embargoes, follow this link to get tickets. https://www.encoreoxford.com/
This week we welcome Jamie Vickers (powerlifting), George Blomfield, James Baeufils, Jacob Goss (rugby), Naomi Kelly, Andy Oxburgh, Andrew Fanthorpe (hockey) and Jen Ehr (Rowing + Lacrosse).
Financial services job opportunity
An alumnus is looking to recruit a trainee on a 1 year contract to work on the UK Interest Rate Derivative Sales team at SocGen in London.
For members in their final year who would love to work on a trading floor, please see details of the job and SocGen below. The info is also available on the Oxford Careers Service website.
The only prerequisites are a native English speaker who has A level maths and who is graduating this year.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org that would be great.
Summary of the role:
Assist the Interest Rate and FX Derivatives (IFD) Sales team:
- in their sales efforts to UK and Scandinavian corporate clients by helping to prepare marketing materials and indicative pricing
- in liaising with other front office business partners including Relationship Managers, Debt Capital Market teams, Structuring, Research and Trading
- in liaising with critical support functions including Middle and Back Office, Compliance and Legal
Summary of responsibilities:
- Preparing market updates and proposals for clients
- Indicative pricing of derivative structures and solutions
- Research on markets and clients
- Preparing credit requests
- Maintaining business data statistics
- Reporting client information, deals, business follow-ups and updating SG databases
- Assist sales with KYC/Account opening process
- Assist sales with Payment/Confirmation issues
- Maintaining and improving spreadsheets used by the desk
- Establish strong working relationships with various business lines
- Assist other London based IFD desks on a ad-hoc basis as required
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills – the ability to synthesise complex market arguments is crucial
- Proven analytical skills – significant data research and credit analysis
- Good quantitative skills – comfortable with financial maths
- Financial skills – able to interpret a balance sheet.
- Organisational skills – multiple tasks with short deadlines
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses: corporate and investment banking to private banking, asset management, and securities services, as well as specialised financial services including vehicle and equipment finance.
With recognised advisory and engineering expertise and strong franchises, SG Corporate and Investment Banking offers tailor‑made solutions to corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. Within Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets is a fully integrated multi-asset class, multi-product platform focusing on delivering high quality investment and risk management solutions to asset managers, pension funds, private banks, banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, family offices, sovereign funds and retail network distributors around the world. It brings together more than 3,000 market professionals worldwide with award-winning expertise in equities, interest rate products, credit markets, currencies, commodities and alternative investments. We provide investors with a complete investment offering – listed and vanilla OTC products, funds and tailor made structured solutions – and with global insight, first-class capabilities, cross-asset advisory and superior execution.